Outlook name cache file not updating
AD then populates the photos out to other Office properties, like Exchange, Skype for Business, and Office apps.We had one employee whose Skype for Business contact didn’t show his photo. Now, we knew Mike had one, because we saw it in Outlook all the time. (Backend information for reference: Exchange Server and AD on-prem, Skype for Business Server on-prem.) Now, the solution for this wound up being something VERY simple.You cannot delete the entries from the directory but you can delete/update entries within your personal contacts (e.g. Today, let’s tackle a tiny-but-frustrating issue…Skype for Business contact photos.Contact photos also show up in Outlook and Office 365.There’s a reason for this: Contact photos are stored within Active Directory accounts.If you want to just see the fix that worked for us, skip to “Troubleshooting Point 3” below.But I’m documenting the missteps as well, because you CAN fix contact photo issues using those methods, under different circumstances.
Because the auto-complete list is no longer based on a local .
For further information regarding Outlook on the web Light please refer to the following document: Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Using Outlook on the web Light Note: If you do not have the ability to delete an entry, then either the address is coming from the directory or your personal contacts.
You cannot delete the entries from the directory but you can delete/update entries within your personal contacts (e.g. Note: If you do not have the ability to delete an entry, then either the address is coming from the directory or your personal contacts.
Thereby forcing a fresh download from the Skype for Business Server. In another search, I came across this app: Exclaimer Outlook Photos The Exclaimer app helps you get people’s photos into “Outlook, Share Point and Skype Easily,” according to their site. But then I noticed something – Mike’s photo in AD was listed at 64x64px. My co-worker accessed AD directly and confirmed that the photo Mike’s account contained was 96x96px. He was set to “Do not show my picture.” One click to select “Show default picture,” and boom. Only a moment later I checked my Skype for Business client. I checked my local Photo cache directory (from Point 1), and a .cache file now existed for him.
The other Skype for Business contact photos in my local cache were all 96x96px. I don’t know if Exclaimer saw the wrong photo, or if we had a miscommunication. I’m 100% certain some of you reading this post have done this too.